Some cleaning tasks in households or companies require pressure washing. This means that they cannot be achieved effectively by other cleaning techniques. For instance, cleaning the sidewalk is a task for the pressure washer. Attempting to use another technique would only cause headaches and hassle. Therefore, when you come across tasks that require pressure washing, you have to decide whether to rent or purchase pressure washers. There are numerous factors to take into account when deciding between renting and purchasing pressure washers.
Purchasing pressure washers
Investing in a pressure washer is a great idea. However, purchasing pressure washers is expensive. It will cost you a few hundred to thousands of dollars to get a high-quality pressure washer. You will also have to spend more money on pressure washer maintenance, especially after the warranty period.
However, purchasing pressure washers offers the following advantages;
- You can use the machine whenever you want
- You can also rent out the machine for additional income
- You can share it with friends and family
- You can also make an additional income by providing pressure washing services
- There are numerous brands and models of pressure washers to choose from in the market
- You can get a cheaper model or a second-hand machine to avoid spending too much money
In the same breath, there are some cons of purchasing pressure washers;
- They are expensive
- Most of the time, they will sit in storage since you will only need to use them a few times in a year (at most)
- Maintenance can be expensive and challenging. For instance, if you do not know how to store a pressure washer in winter, you will encounter many challenges and incur repair and maintenance costs.
Renting or hiring a pressure washer
The other alternative to purchasing pressure washers is renting or hiring the machine. This is a cheaper alternative. It is also quite common among homeowners who only do pressure washing once or twice a year.
Renting a pressure washer offers the following benefits;
- It is the cheapest alternative compared to purchasing the machine
- The rental companies often explain how to use the machines effectively, so you do not have to worry about the process
- Renting means that you do not have to worry about taking care of the machine, storing, or winterizing it. All this work lands on the palms of the renters’ hands.
- You can get a high-end machine at a low cost
How to determine the better option
Below are some factors you must consider when determining whether to purchase or rent a pressure washer;
- Consider the costs, depending on your budget
- Consider what you want to do with the machine (if you want to use it as an additional source of income)
- The types of pressure washers to choose from
- The knowledge you have about pressure washers (it’s better to purchase if you know how to maintain and use it than vice versa)
Besides renting and purchasing a pressure washer, hiring a professional power cleaning service provider is the third option. This is where you invite a professional to provide pressure washing services. The professional also comes with their machines and tools.